SEO optimisation of e-commerce shops
In order to ensure that a sales platform wins customers, it should first and foremost be visible on search engines. Even the best-prepared e-commerce site may struggle to achieve the desired results if technical SEO optimisation issues are neglected.
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is an effective way of achieving high rankings in Google search results and, as a result, attracting traffic and increasing sales. But there is much more than that. SEO optimisation will also protect your online shop from losing its previous search engine performance.
SEO optimisation is one of the SEO activities and includes two types of actions – ON-SITE (i.e. actions within the website) and OFF-SITE (off-site actions including link building).
SEO ON-SITE activities, or SEO optimisation, consist primarily of:
- eliminating SEO errors on the website,
- making favourable changes to the website code
- appropriate adjustment of content on the website in terms of SEO,
- ensuring the correct mobile version and appropriate page load time.
As part of the technical OFF-SITE SEO optimisation:
- we will determine the structure and placement on the page of the H-headers,
- we will check the technical correctness of the redirections,
- we will analyse the structure of the category tree in terms of SEO,
- we will check the correctness of the internal linking and mark links that are worth blocking from search engine robots.
The optimisation work is coordinated with the process of migrating the shop to the new version and we have divided it into three main stages: